How to Get a Real Estate License by Reciprocity in VA, MD and DC

When you have a current real estate license in another state, then VA, MD and DC may allow you to get a license by reciprocity or out-of-state license approval

Getting a reciprocal license means you would not have to take a pre-license course.  You would only need to take the state portion of the license exam.  Click the link below to find reciprocity requirements and signup information.  

Virginia license by reciprocity

Maryland license by reciprocity

Washington, DC license by reciprocity

These pages have information on how to get a real estate license by reciprocity plus study materials and exam prep for the state portion of the real estate pre-license exam.  Questions?  Contact the state real estate commission/board or contact our instructor, Paul Hartke, who is a licensed broker in VA, MD and DC. and the principal broker of National Realty, licensed in all 3 jurisdictions.  He is a licensed Virginia real estate instructor but has knowledge of all 3 as he is also a Virginia lawyer.